Objectives – Students in the Master of Arts in Ministry program can expect to develop the following competencies during studies at the divinity school:
- Spiritual Competence – will enable the student to demonstrate growth in the life of the Spirit.
- Biblical Competence – will enable the student to summarize the development and content of the two testaments and to interpret their texts using the methodological approaches available to expositors and scholars.
- Theological Competence – will enable the student to outline the theological teachings of the scriptures and to identify key persons and periods in the development of Christian theology.
- Vocational Competence – will enable the student to select a ministry discipline, learn its theories, and develop the skills required by the discipline.
Concentrations – The Master of Arts in Ministry program has two (2) concentrations from which to choose: Pastoral Leadership or Christian Counseling.
Requirements – As outlined below, each Master of Arts program is comprised of twenty-seven (27) semester hours of required courses.
Graduation – Students who plan to complete the Master of Arts (Biblical Studies) at Carolina Graduate School of Divinity must…
- Participate in the spiritual and community life of the divinity school.
- Complete sixteen (16) courses (48 semester hours) with a 3.0 or higher grade point average within the four (4) year time limit.
- Submit the Graduation Application and Graduation Fee by the stipulated deadline.
- Be cleared by the Business Office for graduation.